Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cruising with Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi






















October 11- October 18
We left San Pedro port the morning of the 11th on the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas. WOW! What a luxurious ship that one is...and HUGE.
You can can the idea of the size by the photo. I think there were 3500 passengers. Not all of them were in the art part, or Tim wouldn't be alive today, LOL! The food was magnificent, the service top rate and the entire experience was almost too good to be true.
We traveled to Mexico, with port stops at Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vaharta. Let me tell you it was so hot and humid. Next time I cruise to Mexico, it will be in the winter.
We had great fun in Tim and Wendy's classes and made some really fun projects. The first photo you see is of my journal. We made these in class and I actually did manage to document all the happenings.
The photo past the ship is the classroom with Tim teaching as only he can do!
The next photo is actually 2 projects. The necklace made from the fragments, we made in Wendy's class. The necklace with the hardware and key, we made in Tim's class. Both classes were interesting and fun.
Next you will see a cork board we made in a class with Wendy. Mine is already plastered to my studio door for inspiration
Next is a pendant we made with Tim. It was really wonderful to learn how to use his Ideology line and how to put it all together.
Lastly is a shadow box made with Tim. I really liked this project, as it is more my "style". Don't get me wrong...I will be wearing the jewelery and using that cork board.
So there you have a very brief description of what we all made on this wonderful artful adventure at sea. I have much more to cover on the cruise subject but that's all for now.
BTW, Tim is cruising next fall along the east coast of the states. Should be a beautiful time with all the fall foliage to admire. If you can cruise with Tim, I would have to say "GO FOR IT!"






1 comment:

Shirley said...

How wonderful. Your projects are beautiful too! Thanks my friend for sharing the beautiful times and art too!