Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Clocks for Gifts




I made these clocks for the Paper Temptress blog, using all of the wonderful papers she has to offer.
Here are the instructions:
Cut one piece of c/s to 4 1/2 x 11 inches. This will be the outer part of the clock.
Cut another piece of c/s to 4 1/4 x 11 inches. This will be the center part or mat.
Attach both pieces together with d/s tape so that you have an even border between the two pieces of c/s ( as you would when layering a card front.)
Score at 3 3/8 inches from one side
Score at 3 1/8 inches from the other side.
Now when you fold it, you should have a 4 1/2 square center.
When you purchase your clock works (easily found at most craft stores and inexpensive) make sure you buy one with a short shaft, or else it will protrude too far out from the base of the clock.
Find the center of the piece by measuring from corner t corner on opposite sides and mark where the lines intersect.
Make a hole large enough to fit the clock works into. You may have to pad the back of the card to the clock works to make it sturdy. I use mounting tape for this.
Now you can improvise on these instructions and add embellishments to your clock. I did mine a bit different for the Father;s Day clock. I only used the 4 1/2 sheet of paper ( a sturdy weight) and then cut the center piece 4/1/4 square.
I hope you will give it a try. Email me if you have any questions.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Simply Gorgeous! My friend Beth sent me here and I'm sure glad she did.

Beth Norman said...

This is fantastic. Great job. TFS.

Shirley said...

Okay, now aI can't figure out if I saved it right! Anyway, I see Cheryl beat me to the punch on your Follow Me! I love your clocks and I am going to have to try a vew of those. I wonder how they would mail?